The OpenMandriva Association’s goal is to develop a pragmatic distribution that offers the best user experience for everyone, from beginners to developers, with a better balance between the most modern features and stability.
The origins of OpenMandriva are in Mandrake and Conectiva Linux that together formed Mandriva, which over time has been discontinued.
Currently OpenMandriva is in version OpenMandriva Lx 4.2, but the version available for download is 4.1 Codename Mercury which has the KDE Plasma Desktop Environment pre-installed.
The installation of OpenMandriva is very intuitive and has a friendly graphical interface. To view all the steps, just click on this link to get the step by step and all the necessary information.
In addition to the post image of this post you can also get more screenshots to see how OpenMandriva is running before installing. To see the screenshots, use this link.
- Official website: https://www.openmandriva.org/
- Software: https://github.com/OpenMandrivaSoftware
- Packages: https://github.com/OpenMandrivaAssociation
- Forum: https://forum.openmandriva.org/
- Issues: https://issues.openmandriva.org/
- Wiki: https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/home
- To make a donation: https://www.openmandriva.org/donate